Following on its app for the iPhone, Delta Air Lines has put out a Fly Delta app for the popular iPad tablet device.
Like its iPhone app, Delta's iPad app is also free.
By the way, Fly Delta for iPad works only in landscape mode. So stop shaking your iPad to get the Fly Delta app to work in portrait mode.
Fly Delta for iPad
You can download the Fly Delta app from Apple's AppStore.
The download takes about a minute on a home WiFi network.
Once the download is complete and you tap on the app, it gives you the option to watch a 2-minute video tutorial.
The app is neatly designed with easy navigation.
When you click on the app, it prompts you to create an account.
But you can test-drive the app and check out a lot of its features without creating an account.
Fly Delta App Features
Let's take a look at some key features of the Fly Delta app and see how useful it is for frequent Delta travelers.
* You can search for and book flights
* View seat maps, select or change your seats
* Manage ticket changes and refunds
* Purchase in-flight WiFi and priority boarding
* Explore destinations for shopping and dining
* Get fare specials
* View and plan upcoming trips with the interactive trip map
* Check in for domestic and international flights up to 24-hours in advance
* Get terminal and gate info
* See the latest flight status information
* Pay for checked bags
* Manage SkyMiles account, profile and transactions
Hey, that's a lot of useful stuff that you can do on the iPad.
Fly Delta - In the Air
The app has a cool feature called Glass Bottom Jet that lets you connect the scenery outside the aircraft to landmarks and photos.
The app also lets travelers check out entertainment options on board, download the Sky magazine and destination-related music and movies from the Apple iTunes store.
If you're a frequent traveler on Delta, the Fly Delta app for the iPad is worth downloading.
By the way, Delta also upgraded its app for the iPhone, adding the ability to book tickets and integration with Passbook and iPhone 5 features.