Every year, Skytrax, the largest international airline and airport review board, takes into account almost nineteen million passengers votes from all over the world--conducted over a ten month period, to present the World Airline Awards™. These awards represent the highest recognition for products and services across the world airline industry. With two hundred airlines represented, the awards reflect customer satisfaction levels in thirty-eight different categories. These awards also include the top 10 airlines for business class travel.
2011 Top 10 Airlines With 5 Star Treatment (5-9 have 4 stars)
As a business man or woman, you have a lot of stress to deal with. Over the ocean is easily a 12 hour flight, and when you get to your destination, you are going to be grouchy if you have chosen an airline with pathetic bed accommodations, horrible customer service, food that stuck in your throat, and entertainment that made twiddling your fingers fun. Knowing who the top 10 airlines for first, business, and economy class travel will keep you from snapping at your business partners.
- Qatar Airways--this airline won the coveted World's Best Airline award, Best Middle East Airline award, and World's Best First Class Airline Lounge, 2nd place--for Best Business Class, 3rd place--Business Class Catering, and Business Class Seats
- Singapore Airlines--World's Best Business Class, 2nd place--Best Business Class Seats, 2nd place--Best Inflight Entertainment
- Asiana Airlines--World's Best Economy Class, and World's Best Cabin Staff : Mr. Edward Plaisted, CEO of Skytrax, said it was the high level of consistency through first, business, and economy class that got them this reward.
- Cathay Pacific Airways--Best Transatlantic Airline, and Best First Class Airline Seat, and 3rd place for Best Inflight Entertainment
- Thai Airways International--World's Best Economy Class Seat, and Best Economy Class Airline
- Etihad Airways--World's Best First Class, and Best First Class Catering, 3rd place--Best Business Class
- Air New Zealand--World's Best Premium Economy Class, and World's Best Premium Economy Catering, and World's Best Airline for the Australia/Pacific flights
- Qantas Airways--2nd place for Best Airline for the Australia/Pacific flights
- Turkish Airlines--Best Airline in Europe, 2nd place--for Best Business Class Catering
- Emirates--third year repeat for Best Inflight Entertainment award
Other airlines that won awards for Business Class are:
International Low Cost Airfare for First Class, Business, and Economy
- British Airways--Best Business Class Lounge--terminal 5
- Oman air--World's Best Business Class Seats
- Austrian airlines--Best Business Class Catering
- Airasia--World's best low cost airline, 2nd--Jetstar Airways, 3rd--Virgin America
- Asia-Airasia, 2nd--AirasiaX, 3rd--Jetstar Asia
- North America--Virgin America, 2nd--Westjet, 3rd--Frontier
- South America--Azul Linhas Aereas Brasileira, 2nd--Webjet Linhas Aereas, 3rd--Easyfly
- Central Asia/India--Indigo, 2nd--Kingfisher Red, 3rd--Spicejet
- Europe--Easyjet, 2nd--Airberlin, 3rd--Norwegian
- Australia/Pacific--Jetstar Airways, 2nd--Virgin Australia, 3rd--Tiger Airways
You may be unfamiliar with the area, you may have limited knowledge of the language in the country you are traveling in, as a business man or woman, you have a lot of work that you need to accomplish in your business related matters. The last thing you want to worry about is the airline and airport you are in. You or your company has paid money to see that you have what you need to accomplish your business, and you are trusting the people who work at the airlines and airports to know how to perform their job correctly. These awards will help you and your company decide which of the top 10 airlines for business class travel
will suit your business needs.