Luxury hotel chain Ritz-Carlton has opened its first hotel in India in the South Indian city of Bangalore a.k.a. Bengaluru.
The 277-room Ritz-Carlton Bangalore is located on Residency Road, an area of the city that old-timers still refer to as Cantonment.
Over the last three decades, Bangalore has turned into India's fastest growing metropolis.
The city has gained prominence as India's Silicon Valley with dozens of software companies including HP, Dell, IBM, Infosys, Wipro, GE, TCS and Yahoo opening shop in Bangalore.
Ritz-Carlton Bangalore Highlights
Ritz-Carlton's new outpost in Bangalore embraces traditional Indian design features like the Jaali lattice screen design from the Mughal era and pointed archways and white marble reminiscent of the Taj Mahal. Jaali screens provide privacy while letting light flow through them.
Ritz-Carlton Bangalore is home to the largest collection of art inside a hotel with 1,280 pieces of contemporary art from prominent artists.
The hotel features multiple restaurants, Bangalore's largest no-pillar ballroom, a spa and the Ritz-Carlton Club Lounge.
Pets are not allowed on the hotel property.
Ritz-Carlton Bangalore features seven restaurants helmed by Michelin Star chef Anupam Banerjee.
* The Lantern, a lantern-shaped, three-level Chinese restaurant
* The Market, an all day dining room
* Riwaz, a restaurant specializing in dishes from India's North-West frontier
* Bang, an open air bar and restaurant with panoramic views of Bangalore
* The Pool Bar, a rooftop bar that serves libations, gourmet sandwiches and appetizers
* The Ritz-Carlton Bar, a lobby level bar serving cocktails, wines, comfort food and cheese boards
* The Lobby Lounge, a quick stop for pastries, confections and beverages
Ritz-Carlton president and COO Herve Humler promised the Bangalore hotel would " create memorable experiences for our guests" by blending the chain's service philosophy with "traditional Indian hospitality."
To make a reservation at the new hotel, check out the Ritz-Carlton Bangalore web site.