Qatar Airways has added a new Platinum tier to its Privilege Club loyalty program.
The highest tier in the airline's five-level frequent flyer program, Platinum promises more benefits to travelers who have earned a minimum of 600 Qpoints within a 12-month period.
Here are some benefits Platinum members can look forward to:
* Tier bonus of additional 100% of the base miles
* Qcredits, a new reward scheme that can be redeemed for upgrades, excess baggage fees, payment of award fees (incurred during change or cancellation of award tickets) and guest lounge access at Doha International Airport
* No Qmiles expiration as long as members retain the Platinum tier
* 5% online discount on award tickets
* Discount on purchases at Qatar Duty Free shops
Qcredits is being offered to the airline's Gold members as well.
Catch 'em Young
Qatar Airways has reduced the minimum age for enrollment into its frequent flyer program to 12 years.
So12-year-old kids now have something new to flaunt to their peers.
The airline is extending the Family program, which allows main members to pool their Qmiles for quicker awards, to the entire Privilege Club member base.
Other changes include reduced fees and surcharges applicable on award tickets and letting members extend Qmiles that have expired or are about to expire for a minimal fee.