Qatar Airways has joined the Oneworld alliance bringing new benefits to its customers.
Targeted at frequent international travelers, the oneworld alliance of 13 airlines provides special privileges and rewards including earning and redeeming miles and points across the alliance network, extra baggage allowance, access to airport lounges and speedy security lanes.
Besides Qatar Airways, the other members of Oneworld are airberlin, American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines, LAN Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, Qantas, Royal Jordanian, S7 Airlines and their 30 affiliated airlines.
Oneworld competes with Star Alliance and SkyTeam.
Qatar Airways flies to a dozen destinations in India including Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Amritsar, Ahmedabad, Kochi, Kozhikode, Thiruvananthapuram, Goa, Bengaluru and Hyderabad from its hub in Doha.
The airline operates out of four gateways in the U.S. - New York City, Washington, Houston, and Chicago.
How Qatar Airways Customer Benefit
Here are some of the benefits for Qatar Airways customers now that the airline has joined the oneworld alliance:
* Members of Qatar Airways’ Privilege Club loyalty program can enjoy all oneworld frequent flyer benefits when traveling on any oneworld member airline.
* Qatar Airways' Privilege members can earn and redeem Qmiles on any oneworld flight (enjoy double Qmiles award when flying on Qatar Airways’ oneworld partners between November 15-January 31, except between December 20-January 5).
* Privilege Club members get Qpoints for tier status when flying with any of the alliance airlines.
* Privilege Club Platinum cardholders will have Emerald status in the oneworld program. Privilege Club Gold will be equivalent to oneworld Sapphire and Privilege Club Silver will be oneworld Ruby.
* Privilege Club Platinum and Gold members can use 550 airport lounges worldwide offered by oneworld member airlines when they fly with one of the alliance’s carriers. Qatar Airways’ First and Business Class passengers can also use oneworld partner airline lounges.
* As oneworld Emeralds, Privilege Club Platinum cardholders can use First Class lounges, get extra baggage allowance and access fast track departure security lanes at select airports.
* Effective October 29, 2013, the 140 million members of oneworld airlines’ frequent flyer programs can earn and redeem awards and tier status points and receive all other oneworld benefits when flying on Qatar Airways.