Piccadilly Square is a legendary strip featuring high street facades, carved wooden signs, large street side windows, and local shop owners that strive to introduce themselves to every shopper that enters their store. As the heart of the Newton Centre, Piccadilly Square is a place every tourist and local needs to go to at least once. Piccadilly Circus is a famous junction located at London’s West End and butts up against Piccadilly Square. This legendary strip features neon signs and a more modern shopping experience than the Square, but it is equally remarkable.
Piccadilly Circus Shops
If you’re looking to buy souvenirs for your London trip, Piccadilly Circus is the place to buy them. You’ll find carts and local vendors selling memoirs for visitors to the area. If you’re in the market for a new book, head over to Waterstones — the largest book store in Europe. You’ll also see some back home stores that you will recognize, like GAP. Some of the more famous and unique shops you’ll find in the Circus include:
- Davidoff of London – Find some high-quality cigars, boxes and collector’s items right here at Davidoff.
- Fortnum and Mason – This quaint English store sells quality scones, homemade jams and they are best known for their hampers. If you want to buy a few gifts to take home, Fortnum and Mason is a good start.
- The Sting – Find some of the best Dutch fashions in London at The Sting. As the first UK store, you’ll find the latest fashions for men and women.
- La Maison du Chocolat – This is the premier chocolate shop for London. You’ll find everything from handcrafted bon-bons to delicious, gourmet chocolates.
- Jeffrey West Shoe Shop – Get a true shoe store experience at Jeffrey West Shoe Shop. You can get a custom fitting, have your shoes cleaned and buy a pair of fine-quality shoes.
Fine Restaurants and Cafes in Piccadilly Circus
Piccadilly Circus isn’t short of dining fare. There are numerous little cafes and quaint restaurants tucked into the corners and streets of this shopping center. You’ll even find the usual fast food chains like McDonald’s and KFC, but if you really want a London experience, try some of these restaurants:
- Mint Leaf – Features delicious Indian cuisine and authentic menu items that take you back to India.
- Francos Italian – A quaint restaurant featuring traditional Italian cuisine and is considered one of the best Italian restaurants in London.
- La Caprice – You will see some big name celebrities and even politicians at La Caprice.
- Momo – Get a taste for North African cuisine at Momo. It was listed as Gordon Ramsey’s best restaurant and has a remarkable atmosphere.
There are plenty of restaurants and shops to choose from in Piccadilly Circus. Just pick a side and start working your way down — you’re sure to find something unique on the streets of the Circus.