I have traveled to various places, and most of the time I have found I either overpacked or forgot a few items. Nothing major. Until I had children, I thought I knew how to travel. Apparently, I was wrong as my kids have it aced.
My kids have now taught me how to travel appropriately. I hope their advice helps some of you.
1. Pack your things, then unpack to see if you have everything
2. Fit as many toys as possible because you won't be needing your clothes
3. Pack more underwear and socks than shirts and jeans
4. Very important, pack your toothbrush because not brushing your teeth for a week because you don't want to use someone else's is beyond gross
5. If you forgot something, have it mailed to you
6. Put your name, literally, on all your luggage. . . .in permanent marker too. Everyone must know who that suitcase belongs to
7. Bring something to do on the airplane because telling the stewardess that you are bored will irritate her
8. If you don't see the person who is supposed to pick you up, start yelling their name really loud
I have had so much fun having my children in my life. They have not only made life more interesting, but have given me more opportunities to laugh and smile. . . .even after all the frustration.