A museum is a building in which the caretakers invest time and money to preserve and educate the public. There are museums commited to science, art, history, natural history, war, car, airplane, train. . . .the list goes on. If you can think of it, they probably have it. There is even a museum that has collected and preserved many different medical devices that mankind has used to attempt to cure or stop conditions or ailments. Very strange devices. With so many museums in the world, how do you narrow down which one to go to? Here is a list of the 5 top museums of the world.
1. Cité des Sciences et de l'Industrie: This the top, and the most visited science museum. Located in Paris, it is a must see for any science enthusiast, especially a child. There are many exhibits going on through 2012 that are a must see:
2. Children Museum of Indianapolis: This is the largest children's museum of the world, and is rated by several different magazines as one of the best places for a family vacation. Located in Indianapolis, Indiana in the United States, five floors of interactive exhibits for children to immerse themselves into. If you have a budding scientist at home, this is the place to take him or her to continue showing them how exciting this world of science can be.
3. Smithsonian: "Founded in 1846, the Smithsonian is the world's largest museum and research complex, consisting of 19 museums and galleries, the National Zoological Park and nine research facilities." quoted from the Smithsonian site.
4. The Egyptian Museum: Located in Cairo, it has the largest and most extensive collection of Egyptial history. It is here you can see artifacts recovered from King Tut's tomb.
5. Lemay Auto Museum: Due to open in June of 2012. This will be the world's largest collection of automobiles and attractions in the world. Start planning your vacation to visit the United States as this is located in Tacoma, Washington, and has 9 acres to discover trucks, cars, and motorcycles.
Most are located in the United states, but you are creating your own museum when traveling; you are collecting memories and experiences to last for a lifetime, and when you talk about them, you are teaching and preserving those memories. So, whether your travel is for business or pleasure, these top museums of the world should be visited.